A few weeks ago, my friend Franz wanted to plant some pachysandra under his shady trees. He had this big idea for planting... drilling holes into the earth and putting one plant in each hole.
It worked like a charm. And it went so fast, so so fast!
Here's what he did.
1. He bought his pachysandra over the internet. It was delivered. He went to the county dump and got a bunch of nice soil.
2. We began to drill holes into the soil a few inches apart. We used a regular drill with a widish bit.
3. We began to feed individual plants into each hole.
4. We filled the holes and coverd the surrounding area with soil.
Franz and his son Tristan working.
5. Water vigorously and repeatedly.