Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Amuck with muck.

Here is the compost pile Bruce told us about. It's a ways away from our plots so I had to take the wheel barrow down and load it up a few times. I met a man walking his puppy. At first he didn't know I was there (I was behind the trees in the muck and all) and he was talking up a storm to his puppy. It was cute to see. (I didn't take any photos of him.)

Bruce told us to keep piling compost on our potatoes, and we did. He said it would make them taste good and grow well. We put the compost on everything believing it would be true for all our plants.

The last photo is our garden on June 14. Things started to take off and we have the stakes in for our tomatoes.

I guess it was at this point we realized we sort of crammed too much into one small plot.

Live and learn....












No comments:

Post a Comment